13 May 2019
Recently published research from the UK Workplace Wellbeing Study found that just over a quarter of employees were absent from work, due to mental ill health. It was estimated that mental health related absence is costing UK employers £26 billion per year. Charity organisations such as the Mental Health Foundation and MIND provide resources that help to understand how to identify and help individuals that are suffering from poor mental health, and prevent it from affecting their family, social and work life.
Starting today, we at Stratton HR will be wearing our green ribbons in support of the Mental Health Foundation, to raise funds and awareness that will help over 1 in 4 people that suffer nationwide.
How you can get involved:
• Wear a green ribbon as a symbol of awareness and support. You can buy these individually or in bulk for your team, just visit https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/green-ribbon-campaign/buy
• Let’s talk about it! Take part in the fundraising event ‘Curry and Chaat’ by organising a meal out with your team https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/get-involved/curry-and-chaat
• Take part in a short but informative e-learning course and set aside some time for your line managers to do the same https://www.mentalhealthatwork.org.uk/toolkit/mental-health-for-small-workplaces/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItdDH6pSH4gIVyrHtCh05qQeKEAAYASAAEgKdcPD_BwE
• Sign the Employer Pledge to demonstrate your commitment to change how we think and act about mental health in the workplace and make sure that employees who are facing these problems feel supported https://www.time-to-change.org.uk/get-involved/get-your-workplace-involved/employer-pledge/register-interest
• Visit the ‘time to change’ website for more ideas of activities to do with your team to raise awareness surrounding mental health https://www.time-to-change.org.uk/get-involved/get-your-workplace-involved/resources/workplace-anti-stigma-activities
If you’re interested in focusing on the Health & Wellbeing of your employees this year, then get in touch to find out how Stratton HR can create and help execute a plan for doing so. Or just follow us on LinkedIn and keep up to date with ideas and suggestions of how to improve your employee experience and make a positive impact on productivity within your business.
For more information please visit: